10.24.2007

recovery, redux

The recovered piece continues to evolve. It has been hanging on my design wall off and on for the past few days, and it just didn't feel right. Maybe it's the image of a human figure I keep imposing on it. Maybe it's the technical difficulty of putting the pieces together. Maybe it's the top piece that I don't like as much as the other pieces.

So today I tried simplifying it to this:


It would be my intent to sew the pieces together so there would be no gaps as show in this snapshot. It has an oriental feel to it, and is much simpler and calmer than the previous variation.

So do I wait another week to see if this the right way? So sew it together and move on with my art? I vacillate even as I type this. Maybe tomorrow I'll decide....or put it off...

And of course this leaves me with three other pieces to play with. I really like the thin long strips that formed the arms...could they be stand alone pieces? I could see them hanging on a narrow wall...art for problem spaces...



4 comments:

Ann said...

I saw Quilt national yesterday. There was one piece that was in two parts, stitched with very long stitched together... page 41 of the book.

Fabulous show.

Ann

kathy said...

I like Ann's idea. Because I like your first pic with all the black showing. Ann is referring to Weeks Ringles' piece about her "tankini".

bj parady said...

I thought about that, but I couldn't quite figure out the technical part--how she got it so even. So I just used some dark blue organdy ribbon to link the segments. I need to photograph that and show it, but I need to set up a light background for the ribbon to show.

Nikki said...

I really like the simplified version.