3.02.2010

Breaking news...

Two news stories of interest to my followers:

1. I have been selected as one of SAQA's Featured Artists of the Month for the month of March. Not sure what it all means, as they're working their way through all the Professional Artist Membership, but maybe new eyes will see my work and like it.



2. Yesterday I delivered my pieces for the show Fibers by 5 at the Madden Arts Center, 125 N Water Street, Decatur, Illinois. The show runs from March 4-30. Gallery hours are M-F 9am-4pm, and Saturday 10am-2pm.

The opening is this Friday night, March 5, from 5-8pm, artists talk at 6:30pm.

The other artists are my friend Ann Miller Titus, David Johnson, Leandra Spangler, and Peggy Wyman. For an article about the show, look here.

So lots of things are happening with my art at the moment. Guess I need to ignore the sunshine and warming temperatures and head for the studio....





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, crap..I planned on seeing the exhibit when I am in Decatur at the end of the month...but no evening hours I see. I will be working at a quilt show. I'm sure it's drop dead wonderful!

bj parady said...

It's a great looking show. Which I can say since my stuff is only 20% of the show...maybe something will work out so you can see it.