3.29.2010

learning, always learning

Far too often, my reach exceeds my grasp. I can picture how I want a piece of cloth to look when I'm finished with it, but can't figure out how to get from here to there. So I find myself exploring new techniques. This time it's deconstructed silk screen printing.


© BJ Parady 2010

The technique has been covered frequently online; I'm using Rayna Gillman's book, Create Your Own Hand-Printed Cloth as a starting point.

The process takes some time outs as you have to let the screen dry before you use it, so I've got them sitting on the drying rack until tomorrow.


© BJ Parady 2010

As usual when learning a process, I can see all kinds of ways to use this--things to try as resists, overprinting other fabrics, etc., etc. Probably I need to get more than two silk screens.

Will this be the technique that solves all my problems? No. Will it solve some of them? Maybe. Does having more techniques in my tool kit open up possibilities or confuse me to point of inaction? I think the former...or maybe I should say I hope it's the former. I can do the inaction thing already.







No comments: